Selmeas Co., Ltd.
Established June 1, 2010
Hayato Suzuki, Representative Director
Selmeas inn Nihonbashi is operated by Selmeas Co., Ltd. Recognizing the importance of responsibly handling the personal information of our guests, we will fully comply with the laws and regulations governing the protection of personal information provided by our guests and will appropriately and carefully manage this information.
Selmeas Co., Ltd. has formulated the following basic policy, and all employees of Selmeas inn Nihonbashi will understand its details and strive to protect personal information.
Collecting Personal Information and the Purpose of its Use
Upon receiving personal information from those who are not required to provide such information, and in compliance with Article 6 of the Inns and Hotels Act, Selmeas inn Nihonbashi will only obtain the minimum level of information, in providing services to our guests, that is necessary for the operation of our business, and we will explain the purpose of its use.
Private information received from guests will be used within the scope of the following purposes.
- Reservations, providing information related to accommodations, providing services, and settling of payments.
- Providing information related to products and services by way of postal mail, phone, and e-mail (service will be suspended at the request of a guest who does not wish to receive the information).
- Responding to requests for information materials and other inquiries.
- Improving services and compiling statistical data necessary for management analysis.
- Other purposes as may have been expressed upon receiving personal information from guests.
Please be informed that security cameras have been installed to record activity in the lobby area in order to ensure the safety of guests and prevent crime.
Limits on Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
Selmeas inn Nihonbashi will not share personal information received from our guests with any third party without the guest’s consent, except in such cases as prescribed in Article 23 of the Personal Information Protection Law, which are listed below.
- When required by laws and regulations.
- When the information is necessary to protect lives, bodies, or property and obtaining the guest’s consent is difficult.
- When the information is particularly necessary to improve public hygiene or to promote the healthy development of children and obtaining the guest’s consent is difficult.
- When the information is necessary to assist state entities, local governments, or their consignees in performing the clerical tasks required by laws and regulations, and obtaining the guest’s consent may result in the hindrance of this performance.
- When we have already obtained the guest’s prior consent to share the information.
Managing and Maintaining Personal Information
In order to prevent leakage, loss, alteration, and other misuses of our guest’s personal information, we will improve our internal management system and provide our employees with comprehensive training, thereby strengthening our efforts to continuously improve our management system. We will set a storage period for each type of personal information and ensure that the information is removed and disposed of immediately upon expiration of the storage period.
Requests for disclosure, correction, and suspension of use, and other inquiries regarding personal information held by Selmeas inn Nihonbashi, will be handled appropriately by the following enquiry desk.
Personal Information Enquiry DeskPersonal Information Contact at Selmeas inn Nihonbashi
1-1-1 Nihonbashi Kakigaracho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0014
Tel: +81-3-3669-6707 Fax: +81-3-3669-6708